Need Suggestion

avraham_chanan

Moderator Note: this thread has been moved from "Beginner Forum", it is better placed here.

Hello Everyone,

I am a wedding photographer, I need your suggestion so that I will become a good wedding photographer. I have some wedding photographs, but want to see some more photographs so please share some best wedding photographs which will be helpful for me. I am awaiting. http://d2e8hp42aikdei.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/3-Ariella-and-Benny-Wedding_.jpghttp://d2yfcyva5x0nk6.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Israel-Wedding-Photography-31.jpg

http://d2e8hp42aikdei.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/WEDDING-Photographer-Israel-_-10.jpghttp://d2e8hp42aikdei.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Israel-Wedding-Photographer-7.jpg

I am a wedding photographer, I need your suggestion so that I will become a good wedding photographer. I have some wedding photographs, but want to see some more photographs . . .

As mentioned if your aim is to view others' works then you can search websties and also search Portfolios and Galleries of Members here.

If you want specific feedback or critique of a particular image or style of images you have made - then post an example in this forum and ask for critique.

If you want specific analysis or have a specific question about a particular element of Wedding Photography, then ask.

Your request is too general and a string of images here would not address "suggestion so that I will become a good wedding photographer."

As general comment, I suggest you contemplate this observation: very few Wedding Photographers realize that they are Principals of a Business and that Business is a separate Entity which demands both respect and also nurture.

Fewer still understand how to manage that Business.

The correct and appropriate management of one's Business is integral to excellence. Probably this is more relevant now than when I built our first W&P Studio around 1980. In this digital age it seems every wedding guest makes happy snaps and then posts them on the web, within moments: excellence in Photography and moreover excellence in the business of photography is crucial if you want to become better.

Michael Chadwick (the gent who posted a comment above), has written a book "Balancing the Art and Business of Wedding Photography". I expect that Professional Etiquette restricted him from mentioning that fact. I recently purchased his book and I endorse it to you as a being one useful tool for you to become "a good wedding photographer".

WW

• Like 1

Michael Chadwick (the gent who posted a comment above), has written a book "Balancing the Art and Business of Wedding Photography". I expect that Professional Etiquette restricted him from mentioning that fact. I recently purchased his book and I endorse it to you as a being one useful tool for you to become "a good wedding photographer".

WW

Yes, I did not feel it was appropriate to push my own book. Thank you. :-)

• Like 1

As mentioned if your aim is to view others' works then you can search websties and also search Portfolios and Galleries of Members here.

If you want specific feedback or critique of a particular image or style of images you have made - then post an example in this forum and ask for critique.

If you want specific analysis or have a specific question about a particular element of Wedding Photography, then ask.

Your request is too general and a string of images here would not address "suggestion so that I will become a good wedding photographer."

As general comment, I suggest you contemplate this observation: very few Wedding Photographers realize that they are Principals of a Business and that Business is a separate Entity which demands both respect and also nurture.

Fewer still understand how to manage that Business.

The correct and appropriate management of one's Business is integral to excellence. Probably this is more relevant now than when I built our first W&P Studio around 1980. In this digital age it seems every wedding guest makes happy snaps and then posts them on the web, within moments: excellence in Photography and moreover excellence in the business of photography is crucial if you want to become better.

WW

As usual WW hits the nail on the head. I would, however, offer a quick critique on your 2nd and 4th images. You were shooting from above the subject, leading to what is known as foreshortening, which is not a very flattering look for your subjects.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
. . . I would, however, offer a quick critique on your 2nd and 4th images. You were shooting from above the subject, leading to what is known as foreshortening, which is not a very flattering look for your subjects.

Yes.

As this topic has been opened up for commentary: the Foreshortening is exacerbated in Image #2 because you used such a Wide Angle Lens (FL - 24mm on an EOS 6D) and at such a short Subject Distance (i.e. your camera was very close to her).

I was always very careful when using W/A lenses for Wedding Shoots. When shooting under the pressure of time it is easy to make a mistake and not "see" everything in the viewfinder. Rarely would I ever use any lens wider than 35mm for any Portraiture Shot. (that is FL = 35mm 'equivalent' on a 'full frame' camera).

WW

Aside - Hello Mark, nice to read your contribution. I trust all is well and good with you

• Like 1

Thanks for your kind response, but I am looking for some wedding photographs so that I know about the clarity of the photographs, can you share some attractive photographs which were taken by you. I want to know which type of photographs are best for the wedding.

If your aim is to view others' works then you can search websties and also search Portfolios and Galleries of Members here.

This conversation is closed.

• Like 2