Advice needed for DSLR purchase soon.

miss_snottypants

I'm turning 40 next week, I'm taking advantage of it by asking for a MUCH needed & very overdue upgrade to my D70s, that Ive had since it was released, when I was managing a Ritz Camera store way back in the day. I've been really out of touch with the latest Nikon DSLR technology & have been researching, but I have to make a decision by early Saturday afternoon (3-18).

My passion has always been no flash, low light, live music events, occasional weddings, street, & product photography. I fully understand the importance of lenses, but my equipment has always been limited & gifted new. Im used to working with what I've got.

Budget $700-800 MAX.

I want a camera I'll be satisfied with for a good 5 years at least and realize I own a dinosaur!

My gut tells me to choose the D7100 body w/wifi adapter. Do you agree or suggest a newer cheaper body with or without kit lens & if so, please tell me why. It's been over a decade since I've frequented photo.net, but I miss the experienced advice here!

I prefer wifi capable, a solid body & the more of my lenses I can use w/autofocus & metering, is huge.

ALL equipment is NIKON:

N90 35mm

D70s DSLR

AF 50mm 1.8D

AF 28-80mm 3.5-5.6D

AF 70-300mm 4-5.6G

AF 85mm 1.8D

AF-S ED 18-70mm 3.5-4.5G

SB-600 Speedlight

SB-50 DX Speedlight

P.S. I shoot relatively fast, I do not use burst mode & being able to shoot low light situations without flash IS important to me.

Thanks!

I'm turning 40 next week, I'm taking advantage of it by asking for a MUCH needed & very overdue upgrade to my D70s, that Ive had since it was released, when I was managing a Ritz Camera store way back in the day. I've been really out of touch with the latest Nikon DSLR technology & have been researching, but I have to make a decision by early Saturday afternoon (3-18).

My passion has always been no flash, low light, live music events, occasional weddings, street, & product photography. I fully understand the importance of lenses, but my equipment has always been limited & gifted new. Im used to working with what I've got.

Budget $700-800 MAX.

I want a camera I'll be satisfied with for a good 5 years at least and realize I own a dinosaur!

My gut tells me to choose the D7100 body w/wifi adapter. Do you agree or suggest a newer cheaper body with or without kit lens & if so, please tell me why. It's been over a decade since I've frequented photo.net, but I miss the experienced advice here!

I prefer wifi capable, a solid body & the more of my lenses I can use w/autofocus & metering, is huge.

ALL equipment is NIKON:

N90 35mm

D70s DSLR

AF 50mm 1.8D

AF 28-80mm 3.5-5.6D

AF 70-300mm 4-5.6G

AF 85mm 1.8D

AF-S ED 18-70mm 3.5-4.5G

SB-600 Speedlight

SB-50 DX Speedlight

P.S. I shoot relatively fast, I do not use burst mode & being able to shoot low light situations without flash IS important to me.

Thanks!

I had a Nikon D7200 for a couple of years, and found it excellent with great dynamic range.

• Like 1