Fake Hasselblad Proxar?

Kat D.

I got a 0.5 Proxar from Keh recently. I noticed that it was different than my other Proxars:

-- Plastic rim lighter black and different texture (not as glossy)

-- Tint in glass is bluish instead of pinkish

-- Says "Lens-Germany" instead of "Lens-West Germany"

Anyone know if there were fake ones made? Or could this one be a more recent version than my other ones? But doesn't a pinkish tint mean it has coating -- so the bluish tint would mean it is not recent, or fake?

Thanks.

Yes, I know there is no east or west Germany anymore, but I didn't know how recently Proxars were made. If not after reunification, that would be good clue the Proxar is fake :) But good point about there being no big market for fake Proxars. I thought maybe back in the day......

I'm going to see if I can find out what a pinkish cast vs bluish cast to the glass signifies.

Not sure what you mean by a "tint". The glass itself should be water clear. Do you mean a difference in the coating colour? A blue surface sheen would indicate single AR coating, but pink!?

The only time I've seen a pink tint to any sort of filter is in a cheap Skylight 1a, and that's a filter type I have no use for at all.

BTW, Zeiss's coated lenses and filters should have the red T* symbol marked on them.

Edited by rodeo_joe|1

Yes, I was referring to the coating as I said earlier. "Tint" not correct term.

I had an old Angenieux movie camera lens that had a pink reflection, so there must be some coating that can cause that color. I just checked all my Proxars. The 2.0 has a greenish reflection. Others are blue, except for the one pinkish. I will just assume they have different types of coatings.

• 2 weeks later...