D7200 Issues

dorothy_kay

The think about these modern cameras are that they are SO sophisticated that the technology can get in the way. And you end up fighting the technology.

Tip1 - The brain can only learn a few things at a time, so don't go trying to learn everything all at once. You will just get confused and frustrated. The brain is like a sponge, it will only soak up so much water, and the rest will run off.

I never learned everything about my old D70s. I learned enough then stopped at 'good enough.'

Tip2 - ALWAYS carry the camera manual in your camera bag, or a digital manual in your phone. When something needs to be looked up, it stinks if you have to wait till you get home to read the manual. Been there, done that, I was not happy.

Tip3 - When you change things, takes notes of what you do, so if something misbehaves, you know what you did, so that you can undo it. If you have to 'reset' the entire camera, you loose all the setting you made and have to start from scratch.

Tip4 - When you make a change, change only 1 or at most 2 things at a time. If you change 4 things, and something goes wrong, you don't know which of the 4 things caused the problem. So you have to undo all 4 changes (you did take notes of what you changed?).

Edited by Gary Naka

The think about these modern cameras are that they are SO sophisticated that the technology can get in the way. And you end up fighting the technology.

Tip1 - The brain can only learn a few things at a time, so don't go trying to learn everything all at once. You will just get confused and frustrated. The brain is like a sponge, it will only soak up so much water, and the rest will run off.

I never learned everything about my old D70s. I learned enough then stopped at 'good enough.'

Tip2 - ALWAYS carry the camera manual in your camera bag, or a digital manual in your phone. When something needs to be looked up, it stinks if you have to wait till you get home to read the manual. Been there, done that, I was not happy.

Tip3 - When you change things, takes notes of what you do, so if something misbehaves, you know what you did, so that you can undo it. If you have to 'reset' the entire camera, you loose all the setting you made and have to start from scratch.

Tip4 - When you make a change, change only 1 or at most 2 things at a time. If you change 4 things, and something goes wrong, you don't know which of the 4 things caused the problem. So you have to undo all 4 changes (you did take notes of what you changed?).

Gary, thanks for these GREAT tips! I am indeed "resetting" continually and things get very confusing. Camera, manual, notepad/pen & only 1 or 2 changes at a time. Got it.