Canon 5D mirror repair

clark_roberts

Canon had a recall on the 5D a couple years ago and were replacing the mirrors due to defective glue. I would suggest calling Canon.

Not sure if they are still honoring the recall, but worth a phone call.

Here is a link to a video talking about this.

Also an old link to the forum, someone fixed it themselves. LINK

And an old link to the recall note from Canon Canada, probably same for everywhere. LINK

Also this

Edited by Mark Keefer
Cheers, Mark

Still uing a repaired EOS 5D. According to Canon they had replaced the mirror box. They did it a few years back, under warranty but I think that in the meantime they stopped serviceing 5D's altogether. AFAIK you'll have to look for an independant repair shop and hope they have the proper parts.

I bought a used camera and as I do with all used cameras I had my 5D overhauled by Canon two years ago, on the invoice it said it adjusted the mirror and frame along with a CLA and the cost was $156.00 which included shipping. Not sure if adjusted meant repair but I haven't had any issues with the 5D. Since I used the camera regularly up until I bought my 6D a couple of months ago I thought the cost and repairs were worth the money. If you feel you can't do the repair yourself give Canon a call. They are friendly and easy to work with based on my experiences with them.