Minolta X-700

danial_mazlan

<p>The X-700 is a fine camera, but you may want to consider a more modern camera with autofocus capabilities; they are often quite cheap and might be more reliable in the long run (the X-700 has a reputation with an electronics component that can fail and disable the camera). There is a good resource on autofocus film SLR cameras at <a href="http://www.mhohner.de/sony-minolta/bodies.php#film">http://www.mhohner.de/sony-minolta/bodies.php#film</a>. The Dynax 5 or 60 are more recent good introductory cameras, while the 7 or 9 are good high-end cameras (and usually more expensive). These cameras use A-mount lenses that Sony adopted for their digital SLRs in the A-series.</p>

<p>I have several Minolta Manual Focus Cameras. Something that you should think about is the repair possibility of the classic cameras you want. All the X series of Minolta cameras use electronic to control the shutter of the camera, if this electronic died, you camera is death. In contrast the SR(T) series use only mechanical control for the shutter, so if something broke, a skilled and talented technician with a 3d printer (or with enough spare pieces) can repair you camera.</p>

<p>I agree with Les, my X-700 functions perfectly. As others have stated you might want to pick up the X-570 which I also have, it too is an awesome camera. If you want to move up to an AF camera take a look at the Maxxum 7 and older Minolta MD lenses. The lenses can also be used with Sony/Minolta digital bodies and the Maxxum 7 IMO is the camera most digital cameras are modeled after, it's truly an awesome camera! </p>

<p>A correction to Mark's advice in the previous post...<br>

Minolta MD lenses are not compatible with Maxxum/Dynax camera bodies (nor with Sony's Alpha cameras).</p>

<p>For Maxxum/Dynax bodies, the associated lenses are also branded Maxxum/Dynax. Maxxum/Dynax is an autofocus system, while MD lenses are part of Minolta's older manual focus system.</p>

• 7 months later...

If you do not need a program mode ( "P" ) the th x570 is a way better choice. Uses all the same accessories as the x700 but with a better

meter display, and better button / dial layout. For one example, the on/off button is placed more appropriately so it not accidentally left on and you not killing batteries all the time.

And frankly, if you are getting a manual-focus camera you should be able to go without a 'P' mode