Anyone using the Sigma 18-35/1.8 Art lens?

mark_stephan2

<p>I have both Nikon and Sony and I'm considering this lens for my A77 simply based on the fact that this is a heavy lens and it doesn't have OS. As you know with my Sony I'll have SSS which will help to stabilize this lens. I'd like to know if any of the forum members have used or own this lens?</p>

There's one guy on here who has it. I don't remember who but i think he mentioned it in the long thread about the new

Sigma 24-35. The 18-35 isn't very common - if Amazon sales ranks are any indication it's had few sales. Everybody who

writes it up is impressed with the image quality, but the size, cost and limited zoom range seem to be making it a hard

sell. If the 18-35 zoom range is what you're looking for and you don't mind those downsides, you won't find a better

performing lens. If you'd be compromising on zoom range, size and cost for the f/1.8, well, you can have a 17-50 f/2.8

lens with stabilization on your Sony and it would still be really good while having more zoom range.

• 2 months later...

<p>Bought this lens and spent my whole weekend trying to adjust the AF. the lens keeps front focus on wide angle. Went to my dealer and got a 2nd copy and same result. The problem is not the adjustment, it's repeatability. Exchange the 2nd copy for a EFS 17-55 and it works great straight to of the box. After the issue with Nikon D600 and oil leak, DPR should spend some time on the reliability subject before giving Gold award.</p>