Sony Sunday pictures of the week / 3 August 2014

howardstanbury

<p>I started working on some of my older pictures this week - a visit in June to the Watts Museum and Watts Mortuary Chapel, near Guildford in Surrey.<br>

The building dates from the end of the nineteenth century and this first photo shows detail of the ceiling inside.</p>

<p><a title="Watts Chapel interior detail /2 by Howard Stanbury, on Flickr" href=" Watts Chapel interior detail /2 src="https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3877/14793075322_8868dd7c73_c.jpg" alt="Watts Chapel interior detail /2" width="800" height="537" /></a><br>

And yesterday I visited Alfriston Clergy House, a fourteenth century hall-house, the first property acquired by the National Trust (in 1896).</p>

<p><a title="Hall, Alfriston Clergy House by Howard Stanbury, on Flickr" href=" Hall, Alfriston Clergy House src="https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3856/14816467385_76c0864d3c_c.jpg" alt="Hall, Alfriston Clergy House" width="537" height="800" /></a></p>

<p>^ Building interior</p>

<p><a title="Artichoke by Howard Stanbury, on Flickr" href=" Artichoke src="https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2933/14836294703_4578b253d4_c.jpg" alt="Artichoke" width="800" height="641" /></a></p>

<p>^ Artichoke flower in the property's garden, processed using the new focus select tool in Photoshop</p>

<p>All pictures Nex-7 and SEL 18-55 zoom. Please add your selection of pictures taken with Sony/Minolta gear, digital or film, to a maximum of 3 photos.</p>

<p>The detail and colo(u)r palette of the Watts House ceiling is gorgeous Howard! Did you shoot with available light or did u need to use flash?<br>

These past days I've been circling around the three-state area where California, Oregon and Nevada meet, in search for some bigger wildlife than usual as well as cooler weather than toasty SoCal. The first shot shows a critter that I didn't need to drive this far for, but it happened to be a bit more well behaved photographically than its even jumpier little brethren back home.</p>

<div>00ckU6-550251984.JPG.d299f2b1bf7f3b9dd53f96959e01fc96.JPG</div>

<p>Last but not least, I had several encounters with the speed demons of the Great Basin's plateaus and valleys. This particular mini herd was sipping at Morrison Reservoir in the astoundingly vast Hart Mountain Antelope Refuge near the lovely metropolis of Plush, OR. But others popped up in Sheldon Antelope Refuge, NV as well as fields just outside Modoc Wildlife Refuge in the furthest corner of NoCal. All three shot with a450 + minolta 600 f4 (including 20mm extension ring for chippy in shot numero uno).</p><div>00ckUD-550252184.JPG.4c7bd0e75f231e338bae49ca8eafa2d0.JPG</div>