Sony A7 and collapsible leica M lenses.

david j.lee

<p>Thanks Phil. Do you have any experience with the camera so far? I played for a few minutes the other day and liked it, but I read some complaints about shuter lag and bad results with the 28mm. I would love to have selectable frames a la M6. Maybe I should wait for the next version, I don't know...</p>

<p>Again, I'm not too familiar with this area, but can anything be determined from the fact that your lenses are <a href="http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/accessories/lens/mount/fujifilm_m_mount_adapter/compatibility_chart/index.html">listed as compatible</a> with the Fujifilm X Series?</p>

<p>What I'm thinking is, in the case of a Fujifilm X Series mirrorless camera combined with an X-to-M mount adapter, if the flange-to-sensor distance is large enough to accommodate these lenses, then wouldn't the flange-to-sensor distance be the same in the case of the Sony Alpha 7/7R combined with an E-to-M mount adapter, thus meaning there should be enough room to accommodate the lenses?</p>

<p>The lens wouldn't hit the sensor - when you use the adapter the distance between the back of the lens and the sensor is the same as it was in old Leica film cameras that lens was made for.<br>

The issue might be with other things, such as the shutter mechanism. I know that with the NEX 7, you cannot collapse the Elmar because it hits some plastic that host the sensor (but it doesn't make any damage). I still don't dare to try it on the a7R, though... But I am very close to try it - it should be ok...</p>