Minolta/Sony Sunday, Monday and maybe Tuesday 10/13/2013

randy_cooprider1

The mill was established in 1817 which is old for us but not so old for the rest of the world. The original mill wheels were made in France out of quartz. They were shipped to the east coast, brought upriver to Louisville and then transported by ox sledge to the mill site. This shot is of the the mill gears. The output was about four hundred pounds of flour or corn meal per day.<div>00c47O-543019584.jpg.5e344c7d09044bc4716f7619d69ccedf.jpg</div>

<p>That's a warm portrait, Randy.</p>

<p>Three recent and not-so-recent pictures from me -</p>

<p><a title="Bourges cathedral by FlickrDelusions, on Flickr" href=" Bourges cathedral src="http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2832/10245840206_3a7f61fe39_c.jpg" alt="Bourges cathedral" width="800" height="430" /></a><br>

^ The cathedral in Bourges, France, in August - this is stitched together from two exposures on my NEX-7 at the 18mm end of the kit zoom lens. I used Hugin to do the stitching - quite a complex program but with a number of options for the projections used in rendering the composite image. This used an Equirectangular Panini projection ...</p>

<p><a title="Church and cross by FlickrDelusions, on Flickr" href=" Church and cross src="http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5447/10145805253_564856cecc_c.jpg" alt="Church and cross" width="538" height="800" /></a><br>

^ Over to film now, the splendidly untouched church of St John the Baptist at Inglesham in Wiltshire. Taken last week with a Minolta Dynax 9 and 50mm f/1.7 and Agfaphoto 200 Vista Plus colour negative film.</p>

<p><a title="Lacock Abbey /2 by FlickrDelusions, on Flickr" href=" Lacock Abbey /2 src="http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3808/10195954503_21820a60cb_c.jpg" alt="Lacock Abbey /2" width="536" height="800" /></a><br>

^ Another slice of history - the lattice window at Lacock Abbey was the subject of the oldest surviving photographic negative, created by Fox Talbot in 1835, I think. Sadly, he didn't have a NEX-7 and SEL 55-210 zoom to hand.</p>

<p>Thanks, Randy, that made me look at the stitching software again and I found a better preset for the so-called projection. This is 'rectilinear' and much more realistic; I missed that earlier today.</p>

<p><a title="Bourges cathedral by FlickrDelusions, on Flickr" href=" Bourges cathedral src="http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2831/10256552875_9d96345365_c.jpg" alt="Bourges cathedral" width="800" height="364" /></a></p>

<p>Wayne, don't know what 'wattle' is but it's Fall here and my hayfever is also raging! </p>

<p>I was wanting an ultra wide angle and got some excellent advice on a thread I posted. I ended up getting a Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6. I ordered it late Wednesday evening from Adorama and received it mid-afternoon on Friday. Can't ask for any better service - especially when I chose the 'free 7-10 day' shipping.</p><div>00c4Rs-543051084.JPG.2a627198036cda26c6cc10c5ac5d78b9.JPG</div>

<p>Lovely portrait nevertheless Patrick, does your scanner have an IR channel for dealing with dust & scratches?</p>

<p><br /> Funny, I thought wattle was the flabby curtain hanging down from a brahma bull's chin! I think I've seen the flower version in some gardens around here, but flowering in march-april rather than antipodean spring. Love the wavelet shot Wayne, the burnt edges really combine to enhance the image itself.</p>

<p><br /> Diane, going super wide is definitely super fun and it really works well in both your indoor shots. I'd say the second one's my favorite thanks to the sweeping lines of the staircase on the left and the door on the right.<br /> <br />My own crop for the week is a mix of subjects. First one is for all green tea addicts: suitably tinted matcha rolls from the Chinese bakery up the road in West Covina.</p>

<p> </p><div>00c4S5-543051784.jpg.ec80aa8f4aedd1522320b7f612c17653.jpg</div>