Minolta Dynax 9/built in flash problem.

frederick_joicey

<p>Has anyone any idea why when raising the built-in flash on the 9, locks the camera. By lowering the flash, switching off the camera, then switching it back on, the camera can then be used normally(leaving the flash down). It works flawlessly then, and can even be used with an external flash.<br>

If anyone has experienced the problem and have a solution, I would be grateful.<br>

Thanks.</p>

<p>I recall seeing this problem on another Minolta body...I think it was a 500si or similar. The charge circuitry, capacitor, or whatever had an issue...perhaps it overdischarged the battery and dropped the voltage, causing the computer to lock up.</p>

<p>No solution for you, however...sorry. Now it's just like the A850 and A900...no onboard flash. :-)</p>

<p>Thanks, Gregory. I am not sure if I have seen a similar questioned posted somewhere. Reason I am asking is a Dynax 9 listed for sale(elsewhere) for spares or repair, with only that fault; and for the price of £50.00. Always wanted a 9, and if I can find a solution I may well buy it.Just hope that someone comes up with some information.</p>

<p>Alexandre,<br>

Thanks re your comment. The flash on the Dynax 9 is raised and lowered manually. I do not think that it rises automatically when needed. As Gregory states in his post(above) he recalls a similar problem on another Minolta model, but does not know the solution. I have tried posting on various sites, but Photonet is the only one where I am getting a bit feed-back. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope a suggestion comes up. I still suspect that it is something to do with custom function, or something similar, rather than a fault which will have to be professionally repaired.<br>

Fred</p>

<p>Thanks All, I found a site on www dedicated to Minolta and Sony(<a href="http://www.mhohner.de">www.mhohner.de</a>) A Michael Hohner runs it and he believes that it will be a fault which will need professional repair. He thinks the fault is in the charging system of the flash, which is along the lines which Gregory King posted above. If you are Minolta fans, the site is well worth looking at, if you are not already aware of it.<br>

Regards,<br>

Fred.</p>