Sony vs Nikon Cameras

rdjc

<p>There's no way I would try freezing it, and that wouldn't work for me anyway. I disagree that this should be in a separate thread, since it is basically the same as what the OP asked, but a little more specific. I was in no way comparing a film camera to a dslr, Robert. The OP titled this "Sony vs Nikon Cameras", and asked about comparing the a850/900 to the d300 and d700. That's the same thing my post was about, except that it was specifically about longer exposure times and how each camera handles it. It seems that this would be supplemental to this thread, and an answer to my post might bring up something of interest to the OP also.</p>

<p>Also, the reason for wanting long exposure times is for shots at the beach/ocean at night.</p>

<p>I've done some long exposures of around 15- 25 sec with the A850 no problem, at ISO 200.</p>

<p>Now, after a while of doing these (probably 20 or 30 in a row) I started noticing hot pixels forming randomly, so I wouldn't do a huge number of long exposure or very long exposure. As for noise, though, it was very much under control and wasn't an issue.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<blockquote>

<p>I've done some long exposures of around 15- 25 sec with the A850 no problem, at ISO 200.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>15-25 isn't a real long exposure; I'm from the canon camp ( for over 20 years ), thinking about switching;<br>

does anyone have an exposure 10min + or any experience doing things like that ?</p>