Sony A350 compared to the A700

anthonyposton

<p>I love my Alpha 350 which I have had for 6 months. It takes great shots and the definition is superb. With the Tamron Macro zoom 70-300 I can get wonderful close ups.<br>

Here are some of the results ( some taken with earlier F828 which is also a treat!)<br>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/7243480@N05/">http://www.flickr.com/photos/7243480@N05/</a><br>

Best wishes!</p><div>00TZU8-141259784.jpg.74a50d7e7dd17195e59b0e55dc3d02e4.jpg</div>

<p>I own the A350 for few months now and I'm tottally agree with another reviewer above that any ISO crank over 400 is junk, don't even know why they even have it up to 3200 for??? This camrea definitely for a new entry level, you can tell by looking at the dial setting....Portrait, night, etc....we may see this on all the point & shoot camera but not on Pro for sure. (If I have a choice once more I would go with the Cmos, CCD is junk....this is no brainer)<br>

14MP VS 12MP - I been comparing pictures taken with A700 and there's really any difference....I just think that Sony trying to attract more newbie with higher MP at lower price, and lots of junk that come with it. Ex: Most would fall for the lens kit like 18-70MM or the 75-300 that they offer for addition $100 buck or so.<br>

For the Live view is also a joke, you can't see anything on that LCD....good luck when the sun come out, and OVF is like looking through a door viewer peep hole. ( this is where the A700 have bigger OVF and anti glare on the LCD so you can see better when there is bright light ) but A700 has no Live view, Sony did this on purpose so the A350 would sell, otherwise how A350 is going to sell??? when the price are not much apart.<br>

If I have a choice once more, I would not buy either of them...go for a Canon. I just see on the net some where that there is a new Canon full frame with 21MP + lens kit 18-55mm @ $1400...and Canon lens kit will out beat Sony lens kit any day any time (NO, BUT, OR) excuse!!!!!!!!!<br>

So if you're reading this thread and considering a Sony camera, do yourself a big favor....don't jump on the wagon like I did and regret it later. EX: look at Ebay everything for Sony is poping up like mushroom LOL...but guess what they are buying 20 years old Minolta lens. Sadly part is that newer Sony lens is over price and produce just as good quality as a 20 year old minolta lens.<br>

Good luck and I hope you will make the best decision, this goes for next reader out there too! :)<br>

</p>

<p >“So if you're reading this thread and considering a Sony camera, do yourself a big favour...doesn’t jump on the wagon like I did”</p>

<p > </p>

<p >I jumped on the wagon and the favour I did myself was to buy an excellent cam. The ability of the A350 to record fine detail is pleasing to the eye. In addition what a wonderful lightweight cam, easily carried as walk around an all day cam, which does not weight you down like a brick. I have the two kit lenses, which are small and lightweight and perform way above their class..the pull out flip screen is so useful for interesting different angle shots.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >It’s all about horses for courses and the A350 is a superb lightweight, cost effective, go anywhere cam which does not compromise on image quality..... </p>

<p>I think if you are willing to learn how to use your equiptment properly you will not be disappointed with any camera. Out of the box a Sony camera will not disappoint a newbie or a veteran alike. If your buying your equiptment off of ebay on the other hand you will more than likely be disappointed. Cannon makes a great camera, but junk for those cameras are all over ebay as well. <br>

If you are impatient, you will be disappointed with any camera you choose when it comes to an SLR.</p>