Best lens for Photography of flowers, insects, etc.

chris_rowe1

The 75-300 is obviously longer than the 55-200, but I haven't read any reviews that convince me that it's otherwise better. (The Tamron 55-200 is supposedly an excellent lens for the money).

A Tamron 90/2.8 is a nice option if you don't mind carrying the extra lens. Otherwise, I'd plan on getting a good 2-element close up filter or a set of extension tubes to shoot macro with whatever you're carrying. I've owned an older version of the Tamron 90/2.8, Minolta 50/2.8, 100/2.8 and 200/4 macro lenses in the past. But I don't shoot nature subjects any more, sold those lenses a while ago, and if I were to shoot occasional macro, would go with one of those options for either my CZ16-80 or 100-300APO (probably the former as it's the sharper lens). You may be doing more than "occasional" macro work, but if you're trying to cut down on the number of lenses, you're in a similar situation.

Thanks Dennis,

I was looking at the Minolta 100mm/2.8 what's your opinion on that lens versus the others you owned fro Macro work?

But I'm having trouble finding one on ebay, because I'm looking for the original. So if I'm not able to get my hands on one. What lens would you suggest?