Minolta Maxxum 5 on-off switch problem

melvin_krick

Hello to all. Several months ago I reported a problem with the On-Off switch on the Maxxum 5 shutting off every time

I shot a frame. I had to manually turn back on the switch for each shot. I was advised at that time to send it in for a

CLA. However, while leafing thru the copious manual, I found how to correct the problem. On pg. 108 of the manual,

it tells how to Reset All of the Custom Functions to Default. (1) Turn the main switch to OFF. (2) T urn the function

dial to CUST.(3) While pressing the function button,(center button on the round dial on left top end) slide the main

switch from OFF to ON. The data LCD panel will blink clr when the camera is turned on while pressing the function

button. Eureka!! Now the camera functions normally and the switch stays on while taking shots no matter what mode

you select!!

Fantastic, and thanks for adding this to our referential archives here for all Minolta enthusiasts to see. It appears that you re-booted, eh? When in doubt, feel the power ... switch! Good for you! I was going to suggest that moisture may be under the switch or on the flash contacts, but you resolved it ... by doing what I have to do to my computer a couple of times a day! =8^o