Sony A800?

d_g5

... and how does that make you feel? Speak loudly into the microphone bug hidden in the flower pot, and please

face the two-way mirror.

==

Robert, the OP opening post was about a potential A800, not flagship. I see the Minolta 800si as a technical

tour de force, with nice features like a dragging shutter setting and so on (apparently the brainchild of

Minolta USA tech Phil Bradon). Technically, it appears to have a love it or hate it reception out there. What

would Sony offer today with an equivalent place in a lineup?

In fact, re-reading the OP opening post, "... why ...?" begs the exact kind of answer I posited: Sony appears to

be marketing THIS way ...

Hey, Robert, I LOVE chatting with you, and I take your points about the things I point out, and you motivate me

to consider the three fingers pointing back at myself. That's one reason I'm here - because I learn so much not

only from the questions and answers from our wonderful fellow members, but also from trying to figure

things out for myself, stimulated by the questions and answers. As you note, I don't take questions nor answers

for granted, rather, re-confirming their basis and validity for myself. I hope each of us confirms what makes

sense for each of us on our own, and also do not take anything for granted.

===

SPECULATE - why not dive in and pour on the imagination? No one can be wrong - that's the point of speculation -

a wish list and unarguable predictions.

I predict that Sony will have ONLY full frame sensors in 10 years, by 2018.

I predict that APS-Classic sensors will peter out within 5 years, by 2013.

I predict that neither prediction above needs to coordinate nor make any sense whatsoever.

I predict that Sony will follow Canon and Nikon, letting them designate market segments, but will lead them in

features:price ratio in each segment.

I predict that Sony will integrate professional video and the Alpha Lens Mount, especially the Zeiss line.

Already done - can anyone help me re-find the adapter to fit Alpha lenses on Sony pro video cameras? I saw it

once, and now I can't re-

find it myself, dang!

==

What I WANT? This CAN'T be a mystery for anyone anymore, can it?

I want a camera that can be operated single handedly, a cross between my Minolta X-700, Minolta 507si, and

Minolta A1.

I want a camera with direct input and direct readout knobs so you can tell what's what even turned off.

I want a camera that reveals all settings while setting them THROUGH THE VIEWFINDER, like the Minolta DiMage

5/7/A-series and Z-series cameras.

Of course I want a competitive camera, price wise and image capture qualities wise.

I want Apical 1,200-sector DRO-plus in software for post production of any image.

I want a small camera that's fully manual, including focus and zoom, like the Minolta DiMage 5/7/A-series (okay,

focus by wire is acceptable, but current Sony "bridge" cameras seem to have electronic zoom?).

I want an interchangeable mount well that allows direct use AND CONTROL of Minolta SR/MC/MD/X-600 lenses on a

full frame DSLR. Will I get it from Sony? No. But I want it anyway, and hate to think I'll someday get a

Canon full frame DSLR to come as close as possible.

I want eye start (and hand grip control of eye start for those who complain that the camera dangling from their

neck keeps winding the lens to focus when the camera is not up to their eye).

I want broadcast capture so no police can confiscate my camera and actually get my pictures!

I want GPS integrated, along with IPTC management.

I want a PC interface to control all camera features on the computer screen, including TTL video.

I want 100% viewfinder and live view.

I want a real tall pop up on-camera flash.

Of course I want all cameras to have on-camera flash remote control of off-camera flashes.

I also want all cameras to auto meter with non-electronic lenses (or no lens). The A200 requires manual

metering and manual shutter setting, apparently.

==

I want to know what other Minolta and Alpha photographers value in their Minolta and Alpha experiences.

Because I'm apparently a phycologist/spy ... just like everyone else here!

<div>00Q67S-55219584.thumb.jpg.22c25edec85c74cfba1deda321b50ef5.jpg</div>