dead Dynax 7 / Maxxum 7?

jeroen_b1

People,

I go crazy!

First my X-500 died 2-3 weeks ago, then my SRT-101 died after 5 minutes of first

use (broken string), and now my Dynax 7 is dying!

Tonight I picked up a SRT-101 (body number 4) and I used the Dynax to compare

the shutterspeed. The Dynax and SRT both worked fine. A little while ago I tried

to reset the settings on the Dynax 7 (manual focus to autofocus, and from M to A

mode) and fired a few shots.

Suddenly the camera power went off, and the lens aperture is frozen. I tried new

batteries (4 new ones in the grip), but nothing is happening.

When I press the shutter button, I can see a very dim light in the viewfinder

(all symbols the same time, but very very dim), thats all.

Anyone knows the symptoms? Can I reset the camera in some kind of way?

bye, Jeroen

Wow Jeroen, I have had a few weeks like that before! Doesn't sound very good - sounds like it's not getting enough power.<BR>

I would take the grip off, open the battery compartment on the bottom of the camera, take the lens off the front, and possibly open the film back if you have a fairly dust-free house. Put it up on top of the refrigerator or another warm, dry place. Let the camera sit opened up that way for several hours, maybe even over night. If any moisture got in there and shorted it out, this will help it evaporate.<BR>

Then try with fresh CR123 batteries in the camera body.<BR>

Let us know what happends after that.<BR>

Jed

Camera is back to life again! Don't know exact reason, could be moisture (I biked through the rain that evening to pick up the SRT, but I guess my camera bag must be water proof, Crumpler backpack).

I moved the aperture lever a bit by hand (the aperture of the lens was closed, so the lever probably didn't had enough power to return?), and then the camera suddenly powered on again.

Pfff --> I can live with 3 dead SRT's on the shelf, not with a dead Dynax 7 :-)

I have opened everything now on a dust-free place to get moisture out of the camera for security<div>00L6fM-36476284.jpg.aa052715e61656673a152e49a7e279fc.jpg</div>

Glad it is showing signs of life! Good that you are letting it dry out inside - that will help. Wonder if the aperture lever could have gotton stuck a bit due to a poor coupling with the lens, etc? Hope you have a better weekend! :-)<BR>

Jed