Japanese shops taking pre orders for Sony alpha

scott_lewis3

Frankly there is so much hype, rumour ( informed and otherwise ) and speculation ( mild to wild ) that I think I will just wait and see.

I have never been one to leap at the "new" product in any market as too often the final product development is done on the market and I am happy for others to be the guineapigs.

Well Scott, the general belief is that the first Sonys will be KM DSLRS, just rebadged and tweaked a bit, so delivery this summer is perfectly credible. The pre-order business is just a case of shops getting their hooks into your money sooner rather than later and it's something they will do whenever they can - it doesn't in itself add any weight to the general speculation.

All serves to pump up interest - good free publicity for Sony - if I were them I would post a few "trailers" as well just to get the pot really boiling.

( Scott - we always make allowance for Antipodean spelling/typos :) especially during an Ashes series. )

gee thanks Bill. Funny thing is I'm living in Germany and get no coverage at all of the ashes. At the moment Im fighting to get tickets to any of the OZ world cup games as they are all only about 2 hours drive from here. So if any one is reading this and wants to give me ticket or sell them at a good price (not the 250 euro e-bay prices) please contact me.

umm also let me know if i have any more typos :)