5D available in the UK - via Hong Kong of course.

bill_thorlin

Doing some general research and found the 5D advertised on fleabay of

all places.These are listed as new with all the add-ons and the kit

lens and an international warranty.

Prices around 530-540 quid with postage 40-50 quid. One even

advertises "tax and VAT free - guaranteed" !!

I think patience may be a virtue on this one for all you keen digital

folks unless you want a trip to HK.

Mmmm, I've used various LCEs since 1987. The one thing I cannot say about them is that they have ever been that competitive on price. Like them a lot, good knowledge and genuine interest, my local appears to employ people interested in photography (which is what Jessops used to do before they gave up on photography).

Used prices though in LCE! Um, take a look at ffordes or MXV (very little in the way of Min lenses at the mo) or JonathanHarris.co.uk or mifuds and they are all consistantly better used prices. New from Ffordes and Mifsuds pretty well always beat LCE, and they will only go so far for matching.

Love um. And am happy to pay a few ?s extra for the special treatment and interest you get from them. But frankly they are almost alwyas way off on price.

BUT - bear in mind I'm a PRIME LENS kind've guy. no idea on zoom stuff.

Highly recommend LCE. But hey ... they are not competitive on price. No way Jose!

Chris - I do keep a check on Ffordes,Mifsuds and others and recently two lenses I am considering ( 100-300 APO for example ) were cheaper.

Trying to deal with Jessops is a lottery - the listings are often wrong, half the time you cannot get through and when you do they cannot find it and will call you back - perhaps, as for visiting you might find a member of staff who has a clue (about 1 in 5 I reckon ).