More, more proof that FILM IS DYING??

jamesdak

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franz- My friend's Maxxum 9Ti is a collectable, only 400 units,(200 carry the Maxxum name and the others have the Dynax name on it). He was offered the chance to buy it by Minolta USA because his small store had been the top Minolta dealer in this state. Since he got the camera it has only been touched by his hands and mine, as it is made of titanium, fingerprints get on it easily. No film or batteries have been installed in the camera. The camera itself comes in a red velvet-lined presentation case (box), and has a leather neckstrap rather than the cloth ones with the regular 9s.

If I did get it, I would never dream of using it. It would remain to be like you, a virgin.

No aliens are watching Ilford : it's already been zapped! Nikon? Isn't that the company that's always a couple of years behind? Maybe they did not realize yet that film is already dead... an F6 with nothing to feed it!

(just kiddin' guys - I'm a film and a Nikon user!)

Franz- Not only are you a virgin, but you're not too bright on top of that. Did you not notice I said that the 9Ti is a collectible?

Why do you think my friend hasn't allowed anyone, other than me, to touch the camera, or why he hasn't run a roll of film or put batteries in it?

Um, Ok guys, this is getting a little dumb here. If we ever want them to add the MINOLTA forum back to the main list on here, can we get out of the name calling rut and talk about Minolta stuff again?<BR><BR>

On another note, if anyone wants a Minolta MD 35-70mm zoom, I seem to have somehow ended up with 2 lenses here, and would like to sell one if anyone could use one...won't be too expensive.<BR>

Jed

Ok, here's my peace offering. I just got done spending a couple of hours running some Velvia through my XE-7 and then the SRT-101 on my Auto Bellows I. When I got down I decided to make up with Clinton so I broke out my digital and shoot these. I have to admit the stabilized lens in this camera allowed me to get these shots handheld. None of these are cropped.

http://www.pbase.com/jhuddle/image/43718193

http://www.pbase.com/jhuddle/image/43718144

http://www.pbase.com/jhuddle/image/43718186

http://www.pbase.com/jhuddle/image/43718193

He's got some pretty good flora shots taken with film in the same gallery. Go to the main page and they're all there. I really like the first tulip, the one with orange in with the pink/red...on Velvia so it's probably "brighter than life" but it looks good.<BR>

Jed

Ilkka ; Popular Photography is an old magazine going back in the USA into the 1930's. The pre WW2 articles were fantastic; and catered to a hungry market with "how to build" articles on lighting; timers; movie camera editing; lamp dimmers; darkroom trays. Americans had little cash with the depression still with a noose on the economy. The post WW2 decade magazine had classical articles by Andreas Feininger; and several other photographers who had a great wealth of practical info. There was radically less commericalism then; way less "you need XYZ brand" of camera. Some larger Libraries in the USA still have these older magazines to look at..

Franz- Did you not notice that I was talking about my friends Maxxum 9Ti? I said I might give away my 9, if my friend would give me his 9Ti. You might want to re-read my reply to Bill & Jim. I would like my friend's 9Ti, because it is a collectible, and would not use it to shoot pictures. Do you know what a collectible is?

Franz, you really need to keep up, as you're showing your lack of intelligence. Maybe, you live in a country where english is not your mother tongue, but please look the word collectible, up in the dictionary before you reply. I think Bill and Jim know what I'm talking about.

How did I get involved in this ?

Clinton - maybe for once I have a glimmer of an idea as to what you are on about.You want a 9Ti to hide away and fondle with silk gloves on (something Leican about this).What I cannot follow is that if you get a 9Ti that you will never use you give away a 9 that you do use.

We need a "Film is Dead" forum at this point.

Maybe we can move these posting to one of the forums on processing Black & White film or the like.

I wouldn't believe the Elvis stuff, though, unless that Alien showed you a picture - and not one of those photoshopped digital image things they're always trying to pass off.

Bill- If you haven't noticed, I am ready to move on to digital. I'm just waiting for KM to let me know which way to go, with them or a Canon. The 9Ti would be a collectible, the highest level of the film based cameras that Minolta produced, a true pro camera. The Maxxum 7 was designed to be a bridge between film and digital, hence the LCD panel on the back.

If I get a DSLR, I really don't see me looking back and shooting a few rolls of film for old time sakes.

Franz- I don't know what you're smoking, but it's illegal in my area to be doing so. Your posts still don't make sense.

Minolta doesn't need to make any of their old 35mm film cameras because Segaull in china is licensed to do that. They have a wide range of cameras that are clearly clones of x-370's x-570's and x-9's (minus TTL flash mettering) They can use winders and all rokkor lenses, the meters and lenses are awfull though all pretty cruddy though. I hardly see them in the US, but if you are in china you can get them for under $10 USD.

On a side note seagull has excellent customer service. I recently aquired a Seagull DF-300 in a pile of stuff I bought. It was totally dead, but after a quick email to seagull they repaired it for free. I just had to pay shipping to china ( I sent it ocean so I was only out $10 USD)

Clinton, I smoked this:

"9D Pro???Clinton Abe , feb 20, 2005; 07:28 p.m.

I talked to my friend who is attending the PMA show which opened today in Orlando. He went to the KM booth, and sorry to say, did not see any signs of the 9d Pro. KM was focused on the Maxxum 7D. However, he said that tomorrow he was going to try and talk to some people he knows at KM to see if there is a private showing of the 9D. Companies will often give a private showing, either in a private meeting room at the show, or in a hotel suite to key people. So don't give up hope, there may be more in the coming days."

You never told us the end of the story.

Franz- There was another poster who said that the Maxxum 9D was delayed for some reason and would be released later this year. Also, they posted that a Maxxum 5D would also be released this year.

As usual, the nay-sayers on this forum, tried to shoot down that person. You might want to look that Forum question up.

Franz, you really need to keep up with the discussion. You're like someone who walks in the room in the middle of a movie and expects someone to fill them in.

Tell me, what is your native language? Maybe I can use my hand-held language translator and post a reply in your native language.

The person in question arrived on this site on 26 March 2005. He made about 10 postings with all sorst of claims to inside knowledge and previous accurate predictions (which he could not substantiate). He stated he would provide proof and then promptly disappeared on 12 April 2005.

Was he someone else using a psuedonym ??????????????? I can think of a candidate or two.