Just got my 7D and VC-7D!!!!!!!!!!

jpw

Rick,

Jay's answer is correct. In the manual, when you set to the green p, all automatic settings are reset. Image quality, ISO and flash setting. Normal p keeps what ever you have set. Another question, most of my images look soft. What settings are you using to achieve sharper images without impacting the overall image quality?

Bill

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill, if you're asking me about sharper images, I'm a newbie with this camera. I'm still learning all of the functions. Some of the images I did take, I had to sharpen some of them with Paint Shop Pro. But I think that was because I was focused on someone further away in the picture then the rest of the people that were closer. I've noticed that others have mentioned this problem. I'll watch this forum for those in the know on this problem too. Rick

Bill and Rick, I'm pretty sure that in my case lens quality and focus were not causing the softness I asked about on this thread some time ago. I've been happier with the camera's sharpness set at +1.

As Jay mentioned, we can let Minolta determine sharpness and noise or use our own judgement in the computer. Standard advice is to sharpen images as the very last step, but I ask myself how much post-processing I want to do on any but the few best shots I take. How much time would a pro be able to invest in manually sharpening each image in a job that involved, say, hundreds of shots to be delivered to a client?

Life seems chock full of little trade-offs.

• 2 months later...