Dynax 7 d manual is online

scott_lewis3

Boy thats gonna be a swell camera. Should be head-and-shoulders above all cameras in its price class including the EOS 10D or maybe even the 20D.

If KM continues like this I may switch from Nikon in a couple years. I know KM has a delicious 200mm Macro and that is all the lens I need.

Superb ergonomics and build should be fabulous too (as its film counterpart). Nikon and Canon should take a lesson.

I read in PP that the price in the US will be between $1300 and $1400. That is good news, so maybe in a year-s time it will be under $1000 but I guess in a year time they will have the second generation with 8MP or more. I could use my savings on a 7D for Xmas but my fiancee might break up with me if I even think about it...

It is advertised for 1600 euro's here in the Netherlands (kamera-express, foto-konijnenberg), and for the same amount in a german store. Plus about 200 euro for the battery pack. That is a lot of money! I won't buy this camera at this price. I hope that the prices will drop within 6 months.

the 7d has recently been listed on an Australian website (teds camera) with a sigma 28-105 lens for $AU2499 inc tax.

That translates to around $US1,590 without tax. The lens is listed on BH photo at around $120, which would suggest that the body would be approx $US1,470.

Comparing the australian and US prices for the Canon 20d suggest that US prices are approx 90-95% of US prices, which puts the 7D at approx $1,400 US..... which is roughly what most people have been predicting for a while. Not really sure if I've proved much here.