Maxxum 5 flash adapter

keithsnyder

I'm not able to follow many links on the site, and so searching for answers doesn't always work. I'm going to try a new browser, because I've not been able to follow many links that I'm sure would be very helpful.

My experience with cameras is limited to my old Maxxum 300si and now my Maxxum 5, so sometimes I'm limited in my ability to frame a good question. Is it just a Minolta thing, or do other SLRs of the same general type also have the problem of not being capable of attaching studio flash?

It's not really a technical problem but rather a question of market. Lower level camera users are typically not the same people who use studio flashes, and studio flash users are typically not the same people who use lower level cameras. That's why most lower level cameras typically don't have a PC sync socket.

<p>

With Minolta, the 600si+VC-600, 700si+VC-700, 800si, 7, 8000i, 9000AF, 9xi and 9 do have a PC sync socket, lower level cameras don't.

I suppose you could get an i-series to conventional hot shot adapter and then plug a Wein Safe-Sync (which has a PC outlet) into that, but that seems like an awful lot of trouble and expense. I don't think Wein makes a safe sync that is a direct fit for i-series hot shoes.