New Minolta Cameras - Dynax 40 & 60?

yuriy_tsibizov

I'm a little surprised the Dynax 4 & 5 are the best bodies in their price range, the new Dynax seems to have less features than a Dynax 5.... IMO there's still a lot of Dynawx 4 & 5 in stock. If the 60 replace the Dynax 5 we have some chance do buy a Dynax 5 at bargain price.

When I heard about new Minolta SLRs about one month ago, I was hoping for more. Dynax 60 and 40 seem to be nothing more than repackaged 5 and 4 with new ergonomics. Theres no information on the shutter, but I suppose it will be the same, which means a relatively slow X-sync. And there might be no flash exposure compensation, too.

A cheaper alternative to the 7 (without built-in flash, the huge display and some other gimmicks) would have been great. I think, Minolta is starting to make the same errors again, as they did most of the last 30 years: they don't realize, that there is big number of serious amateurs on a tight budget, who want "work" features (fast shutter, override for each automatic) but without the "comfort" features. So, a used 700si might be still more attractive than a new 60.

Regards Georg