Hello, I recently purchased a Minolta SRT100 off eBay and the

focusing screen looks like it melted around the sides, and is coming

away from the prism where it melted. I have a banged up Minolta SR-

7 that I was using as parts that has a good focusing screen; would I

be able to take just the screen from the SR-7 and use it on the

SRT100, or would I have to take the whole prism out; if I had to

take out the prism would it even fit, the prism housing looks

different on either camera from the outside. I'd really like to fix

this camera and any help would be greatly appreciated.

SR-T's don't have interchangeable screens. While you may be able to force the screen out and get another in, it may not be calibrated to properly focus. If it's a bad product from an eBay sale, I'd contact the seller (unless he/she told you it was a piece of crap, which it appears to be) and ask for a refund.

Or, if you only paid a few bucks, go get another SR-T that works -- 100's are pretty low-end models for the SR-T series and are a dime a dozen. I had one that jammed up after considerable use, and I had no heartache tossing it in lieu of an SR-T 101, which has more features (MLU and 1/1000 top shutter speed, to name two added features off the top of my head).

I know its not exactly a great camera, but it was 26.00, came with 2 lenses and some 127 film, but the 127 is used and the 135mm f/2.8 Formula 5 lens isn't a great lens, but the 55mm f/1.9 rokkor-x is pretty sharp. I have an SR-7 that works with mirror lock-up; I'm only considering this as one of many back-ups, or part of a collection, but I'd still like to get it squared away.

I got the prism out of the other SR-7, but I can't get out the focusing screen; does anybody know how to? thank you, Peter