yourself go to <a

href="http://www.devilgas.com/">www.devilgas.com</a> click on "Old

site content can be found HERE" at the bottom of the page and

then "DIY Minolta remote shutter release". (I don't know why I can't

link diretly to the page).<br>

This may not be new but I was so excited when I made one for my D7i

in 30 minutes and didn't pay 50-70$ to buy one from minolta that I

couldn't help posting this here ;)

Prashanth, I'm not sure but RC1000l (minolta's original cord) works with all dimage/maxxum/dynax bodies so PERHAPS mechanism and the plug are the same in all these models but I can't guarantee ;) all I can say is that my handmade cord is working well on my dimage 7i and the camera have not burned yet :))<br>

I can't describe well what I did in details because my english is not that good, but the hardest part was hacking and refining the 'CD-ROM to sound card socket' to fit in minolta's plug and not become loose.<br>

by the way I used a simple match box (!) instead of the box used in that article which is not stiff enough and I may change it later.<br>

also I only used a switch for locking focus and a push button for shutter release instead of two push buttons and one switch used in the article.<br>

good thing is that if I can find a small timer or radio transmitter can add them later easily.

i made one for dynax5, following the MUG page's advices(minolta users group). See my comment on the Minolta Dynax 5 on photo.net.

It was easy, just one small thing: the shutter release happens only when both the focus and shutter pin are connected to the common.