Minolta Spotmeter F filter size?

simon_yi

What size filters does the Minolta Spotmeter F take? I believe that

the Pentax Digital Spotmeter takes 30.5mm filters and the Sekonic

L-608 has a 30.5mm-to-40.5mm step-up adapter, but I haven't found any

info for the Minolta (searching through photo.net, minolta.com, &

bhphotovideo.com).

I would like to know the possibility of attaching: polarizing filter,

lens hood, & close-up filters. Thank you.

In the manual for my spotmeter F the specifications of the meter do not list the front thread size. However, with a ruler I make it to be about 35-36mm. I haven't found any need for it myself, but you might be interested in that Minolta makes a close up lens attachment for this meter that "permits measurements of subjects from 0.6 to 1.4 meters."

Simon, I just examined my Minolta Spotmeter F, carefully, and it does not have an internal thread for screw-in filters. The internal surface of the lens barrel is baffled, like a lens shade, but not threaded. The plastic lens cap seems to be a 40mm slip-on type. The outside diameter of the lens barrel actually measures 38mm. Perhaps one of the older, series-type, slip-on filter adapters will fit it.

I don't have my Spotmeter F here with me right now, but if I'm correct, the filter size is 35,5mm.

So I use a 35,5 to 52mm step up ring if I want to use a filter in front of the meter. Though it's pretty useless feature (for me anyway).

The good thing is, that I can use that very same step up ring to use filters & hood with my 150/9 G-Claron.

Regards,

Jukka

Thank you all for your help.

Possibly some versions of the Spot F have filter threading and others do not? I've seen mention of a Minolta close-up attachment, but have not been able to find it listed at bhphotovideo.com - so perhaps a regular 52mm close-up filter on a step-up ring would work. (For metering brightness range of small-scale still lifes.)

Also, what about using a clear filter to protect the front element of the Spot F? Probably not needed for normal use, but I'm thinking about taking the meter out to the beach in the Spring when bits of sand and salty foam get blown about.