Push-on lens cap

<p>I've just bought a Fuji XF 27mm f2.8 for my XPro2. I hate the modern squeeze lens caps but the one on this lens is horrid - small, fiddly and eminently misplaceable! Anyone out there found an old fashioned push on lens cap which will go over the full diameter of this otherwise great lens?</p>

<p>The small ones can be a bit fiddly, but the larger ones are ok. However, all my lenses have always had a top quality filter. Each lens has it own case, even when in the main bag. The ones that are in active use I tend to keep the lens hood on, even when in their cases. The risk of damage is virtually nil. At least, over 40 years I've never had a problem.</p>

<p>Thanks for the comments. I'll certainly rummage through the odd bins in camera stores to see if I can find a push-on cap that fits. With my other Fuji lenses I don't worry because even in my shoulder bag I always keep the hoods on and this offers some protection. I'll follow Sandford's suggestion and pop on a filter. They are cheaper to replace if they get scratched!</p>

<p>The sad thing is that here in the UK now camera shops are few and far between, and odd bins are even fewer than that! Back in the 1970s and 80s I was always finding top quality filters and the like for no money. Now that I am reducing all my equipment just to Fuji, I seem to have masses of spare lens and body caps and filters. Ebay before long...</p>

<p>That lens uses 39mm threaded filters? The original Leica push-on caps in that size can be nice but are rather unaffordable and probably demand a <em>regular sized </em>filter mounted on that Fuji lens. - Somebody once mentioned some American spice brand's caps would fit. I used a German Saccharine dispenser part for a year but it recently broke. In doubt I'd check the Chinese corner of eBay and stock up with caps to loose next. There are hood & cap kits too.</p>