<p>While I was analyzing a scanned Charthhrob printed greyscale image I noticed that the outlines of the analyzed areas did not correspond to the centres of the printed squares. In some cases it was analyzing the corners of 4 squares! However. When I generated another 'on-screen' Charthrob greyscale image and analyzed that. All the 'areas' were centralized on each square! I noticed that the size of my printed and scanned image was a different size to the original screen image. I re scaled the next print to be the same size as the original. However even this had the same 'analyzing area' problem as the first scanned image I had.<br>

Has anyone else noticed this? How did you overcome it?<br>

Dennis</p>

<p>Oooohh Dear. Shortly after posting I stumbled upon the answer. It is to do with the scanning area of the printed chart. I have been scanning just the central squares that are used for analyzing. But I think there must be some relationship in the Charthrob programming that positions the analyzing areas, not in the centre of each square being analyzed, BUT at an X and Y coordinate from the outside edges of the chart! When I tested this idea and scanned the 'whole' chart all the analyzing areas were central to each square. All I can hope is that this piece of information proves useful to someone else.</p>

<p>Dennis</p>