Classic Manual Camera Weekend, Jan. 27

<p>Some time ago an artist started painting the fence along a beach access path. Now overhanging trees & shrubs have the "alley" in dark, dark gloom! 1/25 @ f5.6 was needed for exposure, so the lens does a great job almost wide open. A fence behind me did not allow framing the full painting in the Fed. Aloha, Bill</p><div>00eKmK-567533784.jpg.a722c08f70c77bb1f59d19e0ed1a5952.jpg</div>

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Nice work, <strong>Ross</strong>. Here are a few more images, this time from the Classic Car event I mentioned in my earlier post. One of our small towns hosts an 4-day annual event involving mainly American cars of all ages and styles; the town looks like something you'd find down Route 66 so it's kind of appropriate, and it's full-on party-time for the four days, with a "Show and Shine" morning when all 200 or so cars pack into the town square. It draws very large crowds and has a very festive air about it! In between the dreaded digital stuff I managed to shoot of a roll of Arista EDU Ultra 100 with a nice Canon T-70 equipped with a Vivitar 28-210mm f/3.5-5.6 Macro Focusing Zoom. The film was developed in PMK Pyro.</p><div>00eKtt-567558284.jpg.1547b3673c70fff0099b16c06e5671c3.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks, David. The Mustang on the left is mine. Just happened to park next to one of the same color and couldn't resist a photo. Liked the trees in the fog, James. I'm a big fan of fog photos. Great car shots, Rick. Erko the ranger tower brings back memories. I used to climb one near Columbus MS from time to time. It is no longer there now. The view was incredible. <br /> Overall, great variety and quality of images, everyone. Hoping to get out and take some more photos today, as it's the first day I've really felt like I've gotten over a sinus infection that has slowed me down for the last week.<br /> Looking forward to seeing more photos, taking more photos, and maybe watching a little basketball.</p>

<p>Rick you are horrible ! Leave with a shot of a Roll's and again leave with a Corvette. . leaving "us/me" with the idea you have a Ferrari 250 GTO hidden in your camera!<br>

anyway, I think it's fun to "cheat" on this forum, so here are three from my Friday walk in Honolulu. I started at Kewalo Basin and did the 2-3 miles down to our Ala Moana shopping center over 3-4 hours. Two cameras this time. The "new" Jupiter on the Fed-2 and the Red Fed-3 with the Fed-2's N-61 lens for comparison to the Jupiter. ORWO UN54 (asa50) in the Fed-3, Kentmere 400 in the Fed-2 / Jupiter. These are from the UN54 film.<br>

One important lesson learned: If you use 50asa material, the camera MUST be on a tripod! Aloha, Bill</p><div>00eKxL-567566084.JPG.7968a2554028a07322843094ebb568f1.JPG</div>