35mm film holders for Epson V700

<p>I'm about to rent an Epson V700 to scan (a lot) of b&w 35mm negs in 6 frame strips for archival purposes and if I can find acceptable quality in results, for printing as well. In the past, when I used to have a darkroom, I'd always print full frame leaving as much of the border and sometimes sprocket holes as well. Do frame holders that come with the unit crop the images or do they leave a little more of the border? Can I adapt or order online frame holders that give me more leeway with borders. Suggestions?</p><div>00eGDX-566711584.thumb.jpg.712648e81811e9c81b8dc06dd60ffd84.jpg</div>

<p>Have no idea how it would work with a scanner (will have to try), but we used to make L shaped pieces of mat board that could be used to try different crops or unusual sizes when printing B&W film. Otherwise, I would think it will be very easy to crop the edges however you wish in Post Processing.</p>

<p>Your requirements for both including borders and scanning large quantities work against each other. I have lots of customers using the mounting station to fluid mount which allows borders and the maximum quality out of your scanner (which may or may not meet your expectations when it comes to 35 mm) but the workflow is slow. You can find a used Nikon or Minolta dedicated film scanner to buy or rent for $$ but you will not be able to scan full-frame with borders. You could buy a super high-end flatbed or drum scanner but I don't think those are within your expected budget.</p>