PREVENT EPSON 3880 FROM SWITCHING black INK?

<p>Has anyone figured out a hack to stop the Epson 3880 from ever switching th black ink? I only use Matte ink. I never want to use glossy ink, but once in a while I forget to check the printer profile and there it starts switching and wasting ink. Although I never made a glossy print in my life, I was recently forced to buy a new glossy print cartridge because it was empty from all the switching back and forth. It is driving me insane! I run a high volume business, very stressful, I would like to be able to just take my mind off off having to constantly check what type of ink a document is set to. I wish before it switched a dialogue box would open up asking you if you're sure you want to switch the ink. But of course then Epson would sell less ink. It's like this machine is built to waste ink. Forcing you also to print at 1440dpi even when 720dpi or even 360 dpi looks just the same. </p>

<p>No problem, just go Windows Explorer -> Desktop -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> View devices and printers. Click on printer icon and then Printer Management -> Adjust print options. You can then select an appropriate media type which allows you to set matte ink as default (and change the dpi if you want).</p>