24-70mm Losing contact with Camera

pcassity

<p>My 6 yr. old 24-70mm is apparently losing contact (intermittently) with both of my cameras. My D810 and D750. I occasionally get the f0 error message. I have insured that the lens is locked in place. Sometimes it corrects itself and other times I cannot re-establish contact until I have unlocked and then re-locked the lens into place. Before I contact Nikon for a repair, does anyone have a recommendation? Thanks for your help!</p>

<p>Alcohol or window cleaner damped rag, that is unlikely to loose a lot of fiber on the contacts. Microfiber rag would be great but is barely ever at hand when needed. - Floor scrubbing variant does the job. Alcohol might help against fingerprint grease and is a great substitute for water, since it vaporizes faster.</p>

<p>Well, Looks like the dirty contacts weren't the issue after all. Turned on camera this morning and it immediately started giving me the F0 message, indicating the lens was not attached. Nikon estimates the repair to be $450. Its now on EBay starting at $199 in case anyone is interested.</p>