Classic Manual Camera Weekend, Jan. 6

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we continue to walk east we encounter the bricks that various Mississippi State fans have bought and had placed here. My oldest son bought one for our family a few years back. Same brick in next image, but slightly wider view. The Vivitar 24mm shows some barrel distortion which is most noticeable at close focus.<div>00eItd-567205784.thumb.jpg.00d25713a9bd1f81835d7aba36496715.jpg</div>

<blockquote>

<p>The film was Kentmere 100 developed in PMK Pyro.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I have a couple rolls of Kentmere coming here next week. I hope I like it as the price is real good. Mostly I shoot HP5/bulk but it's nice to try out other films for the fun of it. Tomorrow we are heading to the mountains so the Grandkids can play in the snow and I am going to shoot Delta 100 because it's the only roll of film I own. Next week I will have 2 rolls of Kentmere 100 and another 100 ft of HP5 showing up at the door on Wednesday. I use D76 for everything. </p>

<p>Forgive me Mike, I'm going for 6 today. First time with Ultra 100 and also new-to-me Canon P & Canon 50/1.8. I bought the Canon & Lens as separate buys from Japan. All looks good except that the Lens does not mount center on the body, but about 1 cm left of the Center Line. I've read posts that claim this does not matter as long as the Flange mounts the correct distance from the film plane. Anyway I have shot a few tests on a target at about 4 feet, 10 feet and 15 feet and surprisingly I am very impressed with the sharpness However I find it irritating when I sometimes automatically set the aperture centered and find I overexposed by 2 Stops! Looking for advice on this as it seems strange the the two Canon products do not mount cooperatively?<br>

Whatever, here are the first three looking at focus. Rodinal, MDC reco. 1+100, 14 mins. Scans BSH/V700 SilverFast SE.<br>

First our drive's stone wall. Looks good to me.</p><div>00eJ1V-567228984.thumb.jpg.888fd69b6349c3c5602a7af9d8924abc.jpg</div>

Tony Evans