Diptychs

AJHingel

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>

<p>Bill, I have the impression that there is a "craze" going on with these Hexastix sculptures with many joining in.</p>

</blockquote>

Anders, there is surely a craze about Hexastix. I was joking that with only me posting photos without much response, it's more like one crazy person than a bunch of crazed normal folk, since I'm the only one who has 'the bug'.

<blockquote>

<p>If Godot actually shows up, it will pretty much kill your little drama. </p>

</blockquote>

Care to prove your point by showing up? When people started finally using the internet and email years after I started talking about them, which is what this reminds me of, that killed some drama, but it is nicer to use those things to communicate with them, and I still get a little drama from telling the story at least. Post a diptych of your own to ruin my day :-)

<blockquote>

<p>And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,<br />Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?<br /> -- Yeats, The Second Coming</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Wikipedia: based on search technology, lines from that poem have been quoted more in 2016 than in any of the preceding 30 years.</p><div>00eIsm-567202184.jpg.3a2b28b8386c7c18c893121be2512ed4.jpg</div>

<p>I and an associate have put embarrassing amounts of time into refining the keyword scheme, and it is interesting to step back and see where that fits in:</p>

<p>--------------- Total pairs: 73235253<br>

Keyword-matching pairs: 4342608</p>

<p>While there is value in the keyword matches (if only the puzzle of guessing the keywords and learning the 'language'), 69 million pairs remain to be explored by whatever means available, color-matching being my preference, color-opposite good for a change, and Google-based AI matching a gleam in my eye for now. After the usual synchronistic burst of good matches after implementing something new, there is now enough wading through less-stellar matches on my 4th pass that I have decided to add an overt way to flag favorites, also since screen shotting is getting old. Then a simpler page might display just the favorites.</p><div>00eJIX-567280384.jpg.520354d8289ba94618d7c98811e8ab94.jpg</div>