Intervalometers for older cameras?

william_wright3

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>Just wondering if anyone knows if intervalometers were (or could have) been produced for cameras that take the traditional-style shutter release cable?</p>

<p>Essentially I am looking for something I could use for a medium format camera or my Bessa T - to set up and and then leave the camera to take the pics at pre determined intervals. I had a search and found <a href="http://www.clubhasselblad.com/hasselblad-intervalometer-ii">this</a> made by Hasselblad, but don't fully understand how it would work. Would you still have to wind the film on manually, or do the models its produced for (500EL/M) do this automatically?</p>

<p>Anyone info on this or any other older style intervalometers would be much appreciated!</p>

<p>Two cameras I owned and used: Chinon CE-3 had motordrive as add-on and contained intervalometer. The other was Canon F-1 old style with Canon MDU motordrive unit with awkward handle under the drive but did have intervalometer. Both cameras alas are sold. You need to seek out one of these unless there is an alternative. Good luck in your search.</p>

• 2 weeks later...