Bored of the rings?

pt2

Sorry I came in late. I'd be happy to participate, if you'll have me. I have no interest in ratings, nor do I have experience in every genre of photography, but I do enjoy an intellectual challenge.

If focalising is within my limited computer capabilities, I also volunteer to take a turn as a focaliser.

BTW, Curtis critique circle worked well, and always remained civil. It has become a bit stale, as members became familiar with the style of the other participants, and requests for critique became more infrequent, probably due to participants not having much new stuff to upload. Like all photographic groups, I feel the circles need a continuous turn-over of new work and new artists to keep the participants stimulated. If I remember correctly, the circles were expected to be disbanded and reformed every month or so, and that may have provided the necessary stimulation to keep them exciting.

The first theme is posted and due 22 February 2003.

John - you're more than welcome. Give us 5 minutes, then either check your portfolio for presentations addressed to you, or click on the link a few postings up. Never too late - people are free to come and go; we've around 10 participants and are quite happy to have 30 before thinking of creating a new team.

I'm happy to participate, but sense that most of the photographers listed here are far more knowledgeable than me. So let me know if you think I would be more suited to a different group (a reconstituted critique circle, for example, if it ever happens). I will have to scramble a bit to get access to a lens that fits your topic, not having a macro lens, but if I can't manage to submit a photo in time for this topic I would be happy to comment on the photographs of others for the time being.

Knowledge and experience are not a requirement Kezia -- a sense of humor and a general respect for others feelings is desireable .............. There is much to learn from all members of the human race ......... As far as your equipment - do the best you can with what you have -- no one will ever exclude you due to financial constraints ................... Welcome and Seven will send you info soon ...................... (-;

Yes, if you people teach me new words like 'focaliser' on a regular basis and perhaps some other things, I'd like to play too! That is, if you would have me of course. Niranjan referred me here, since we just started such a thing in our critique circle. So this comes as a great and timely initative!<br><br>

Only I have some cold feet. I'm not sure I can participate in a very fast fashion. Leaving regular comments should be possible, but I may not be able to upload much. Would it be okay if I skipped the occasional assignment? If for instance the inspiration is lacking or my graduation or RSI is in the way. Naturally, it's not that I'm covering myself for upcoming skiing trips and such ;)<br><br>Regards,

Jeroen,

I think Ken said it best when responding to Kezia..."do the best you can with what you have".

As for the RSI (I'm assuming that stands for repetitive stress injury) have you considered surgery? Yes, you say? Well how timely, indeed. You can be the first to comment on someone's latest upload in the Picture This folder. I would do it myself, but I keep fainting whenever I look at it....

PS - check your email shortly for further instructions. Welcome aboard.

Hey, just heard about this and I'm really keen to get into some constructive feedback. Hope I'm not too late to join up. And a tip for Kezia - teleconverters and magnifying lenses are cheap alternatives to macro lenses at 1/10th the price. They're not equivalent but they're a good start.

• 1 month later...
I don't own photo gear anymore, so I won't be able to acomplish assignments unless old photos count (or a ocasional mom's point-and-shot pix). I could contribute with comments. Feel free to let me in or out, promise I wont be offended :)

Dear Daniel,

Thanks for your interest. Assignments are central to Picture This's "charter". We specifically request that old photos NOT be used for satisfying assignment requirements. We also want our members to contribute both photographs and critiques. Ping us when you think you can do both!

• 3 months later...

Those who've communicated their interest ought to be able to get to the Notice board from here

-- Picture This , January 29, 2003; 09:21 A.M. Eastern

When I click on that it says I do not have access to this presentation. Is that a dead link? I do not have the presentation for Picture This on my portfolio. I get to Picture This from my friends list.

Ruminating, I think there is a limit on how many people PN presentations can get addressed to, so most of the later members don't have access to it directly from their account. What you want to do is to bookmark the PT Summary Page and start from there.