Hasselblad X1D

Ed_Ingold

<p>Richard/ Well it is quite revolutionary mirrorless medium format camera. Because</p>

<p>1. It uses only leaf shutter. No shutters in camera body. So the body can be smaller without the mechanical shutter which is quite big and leaf shutter provide quite sound and better exposure method due to its mechanism.</p>

<p>2. Very light and very small. I wished to see RF style medium format camera and here it is. Pentax 645Z was a quite portable camera compare to other companies but now it does not.</p>

<p>3. Build quality is awesome. It's made of aluminum while others are using plastic.</p>

<p>It uses only contrast auto focus but still quite faster than DSLR.<br>

noise quality is nice that I can see a lot of detail at the highest iso without any issues. Yeah still acceptable and useful.<br>

It support UHS-2 and USB 3.0 C type. This is the first camera using USB C type ever(much faster and superior than any other USB except for thunderbolt 3)<br>

touch screen works like a smart phone<br>

mode dial is quite unique. You can push the dial in and out<br>

It has nikon hot shoe mount<br>

Can shoot 400 pics and operate at least 4 hours.</p>

<p>Well, I can not recommend this for street photographer due to AF speed and shooting speed unless you prefer to use manual focusing.Bascially, it's for photographers who use flash equipments.</p>

Hi there again Benjamin.

Thank-you SO MUCH for your comments. It is so much better to get the view of photographers such as yourself - so

much more authentic and realistic than most of the material that is out in the various websites/blogs/forums.

Really appreciate it. My immediate reaction is to "want one" even more. But my logical reaction says to wait for an X2D to

be developed and released - history says that the 2nd generation of a new line of cameras is far more solid. Also, by

then, the range of native lenses should have expanded. Now, I just don't know whether emotion or Logic will prevail !?!

:-) ... MomentsForZen (Richard)

<blockquote>

<p>my logical reaction says to wait for an X2D to be developed and released - history says that the 2nd generation of a new line of cameras is far more solid.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>generally, this would be true, except for the fact that the 50mp Sony-designed sensor was already a known quantity, having previously been used in the Hasselblad CFV50c and H5D. There's an interview on DPReview where Hassy execs explain the ease of product development due to this. So i think its really a question of whether they got things like the UI and touchscreen capabilities correct. While Sony and some other manufacturers' approach has been to use 1st-gen buyers as beta testers, and correct the flaws of new bodies in subsequent iterations, I don't think Hasselblad had that same luxury. Given their financial problems and narrow core constituency, they needed X1D to be a knock-it-out-of-the-park grand slam, or see their window of opportunity for continued relevance begin to close. After all, the CFV50c was supposed to represent a rebirth for them, but it mostly just languished on the shelves as Pentax forged forward with the 645Z and Leica attempted to modernize itself. Had that been a completely successful product, i dont think the X1D would have had much impetus to be developed. But given that it was developed, it's clear that "revolutionary" is a starting baseline for it. It's also got to be a fairly complete release in and of itself, because who wants to invest that kind of money into a not-fully-realized system? The X1D will have to be successful for there to be an X2D, and if there is one, it probably wont be until the ability to put on-chip PDAF into the sensor is realized. Obviously, no camera today is future-proof, as technology keeps advancing, but at this price point, it's not realistic to ask customers to buy something which will be obsolete in a year or two. <br>

<br>

</p>

Hi there Eric.

I would agree that Hasselblad have a good understanding of the 50MP Sony sensor. I hope that they go for quality

improvements on future sensors rather not than increasing the MP count - my shooting technique and the nature of the

lenses would make it hard for me to benefit beyond 50Mp in resolution terms.

2 definite and 1 promised lens is a small native inventory to jump to right now. I have a stack of V-series lenses, but the

thought of V-H and then H-X converters would ruin the beauty of this X1D body !

I would think it unlikely that we would see other manufacturers develop "native" lenses in the next 12 months. My guess

would be a max of 5-6 native lenses bu the end of 2017. I would be still betting on an X2D (logically ;-) by then.

Oh the agony of it!

:-) ... MomentsForZen (Richard)

• 3 weeks later...