Wierd Results of My HK Supplies Order

scott_fleming1

Absolutely nothing.

I filled out their web-form to order a Sekonic 608 along with

clicking a button to say I would pay with PayPal and after mashing

the submit button up came a message to the effect they would contact

me by e-mail. Dang! I thought I was purchasing the thing. And no

communication whatsoever from them. No charge to my PayPal account.

Nada. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence on this end.

So I ordered a Minolta Spotmeter from B&H.

Scott, you're really going to like the Minolta Spot meter F. You made a wise decision. It's relatively inexpensive. It works for long periods of time with one only AA penlight battery. I haven't replaced the battery yet, and I've used it for over two years. I got rid of a Gossen Luna Star, with the 5 degree spot attachment when I got my Minolta Spot Meter. The Gossen meter ate expensive 9 volt batteries like they were caviar.

Seemed like the smart move. The 608 has two hundred dollars worth of features built in I will never use anyway. I searched this site and everybody who has the Minolta loves them. Can't wait till it gets here and I can quit working off the sunny 16 rule and actually meter a shot. :)

Regards, Scott

Yeah,

I too think you got lucky when the 608 purchase raised a red flag. Minolta Spot F (in addition to what Eugene has already said) is also very compact and light weight. One of the most accurate and capable meters, and feature for feature against price - bar far the best deal on the market.

Disclaimer: I have not been forced, against my will, by any maker or retailer to state the above. Furthermore, I have no vested interest in Minolta AND I have not lost any money on the stocks of its competitors.

"one of the most accurate and capable meters" - Witold. Capable? I have both the 608 and the Minolta spot F. But if you compare what the 608 is capable of, the Minolta is lagging far, far beyond! They are two different meters, each in its own different class. The 608 is packed with features the Minolta can't even dream about.

Sorry,

I could not let it go. Whatever works for you, works for you. We all have opinions. Have a look at some japanese original woodwork and see what it is made with. Are those guys capable beyond the capability of the tools they use?

It's who NOT what.

I'm not denying 608 is full of features, in fact it is indeed full of it and it comes with a price to match. Meters' capability has nothing to do with what's in it. Accordingly any new stereo reciever would be far more capable than an old vaccum tube amp (properly hooked up of course). Dream on.

I tried one time one of those master toilets; the one that gives you a tingle to help get things started, then it sings for you so you don't get bored, then it wipes your end clean, flushes to a Beethoven's tune and asks you very politely to get up and give it some rest. In the end I went back to regular roll of paper. It brings me much closer to what I need to do.

• 11 months later...

I have no affiliation with HK Supplies or Poon, but as I was looking for the site lately to confirm something....

I wanted to state that this fellow is a stand up gu and can be trusted 110% for those who are curious...I have found site glictches too, but it should not detract from your confidence with him or the ignorance of those about Asian countries as all being crooks...

Purchased my M6ttl from him, offline and via wire transfer..he has continued to provide support and help to a new leica enthusiast...

And I thought deserved this note as I could not leave feedback otherwise...

Regards.

Paul

Florence, Italy