110/2 FE Planar - Bay 70 Step-Down possible?

d_b28

<p>I have a 110 f/2.0 FE Planar on the way.<br>

My other Zeiss/Hasselblad lenses are Bay 60 and I've been merrily using Bay 60>67mm adapter and threaded 67mm filters.<br>

Also a 67mm Lee 75 filter adapter and the smaller Lee 75RF filters (75 x 90mm)</p>

<p>My question is (probably a quite common theme but my searches came up blank) - what my options are with the Bay 70 filter size for the 110mm lens?</p>

<p>There is a Bay 70 to Bay 60 Hasselblad-made step-down adapter (Part No. 3040775) but that would still mean Bay 60>67mm adapter, then 67mm filters (or adapter ring), which I suspect is going to cause mechanical vignetting but I was hoping for any feedback from anyone who'd tried?</p>

<p>There is, I think, a Bay 70 to 77mm adapter? That's not ideal, I'd love to avoid 77mm filters and the Lee 75 range only goes up to a 72mm adapter ring. </p>

<p>My primary use case is going to be yellow/yellow-orange threaded filters for B+W, alongside some landscape with the Lee CPL/GND options.</p>

<p>A Bay 70 to 67mm adapter would be ideal, assuming it won't cause vignetting, but I can't find such a thing.<br>

Otherwise I guess I will just have to experiment with placing a 67mm filter a little way out from the front element to see if it looks like worth pursuing the B70>B60>67mm>67mm filter option. Or, more probably, just bite the bullet on B70 to 77mm adapter and a couple of 77mm filters.</p>

<p>Thanks.<br>

<br>

<br>

</p>

<p>DB,<br>

Bite the Bullet, just go for the B70 to 77mm adapter. DOwnsizing will create vignetting at the outer edges of the filter.</p>

<p>I bought my Bay 70 to 77mm filter adapter ring and several new B+W filter. Definitely get a 77mm front lens cap, in fact at least two.<br>

Don't look back!</p>

<p>Evan</p>

<p> </p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Thanks Evan, I found a (chinese, ebay) B70>72mm adapter, so I'll go with 72mm filters. Having received the lens I can now see it would vignette below B70.<br>

Every little helps as 72mm is the biggest size available for the Lee Seven5 Filter system I have and I'm definitely not buying into the Lee 100mm size system as well, it would cost more than the lens!<br>

Unfortunately 72 or 77mm filters also quickly add up to a small fortune, I'll just grab a yellow and a CPL for now I think. Good point about the caps, had forgotten them. </p>

<p>Hi!<br /><br />I received my 110/2.0 & 50/2.8 today, but I need some filters, interested in both gradient ND as well as normal ND filters, I can see that you've found some adapters to be able to run 77mm filters on the 110/2.0, could you share a link? :)<br /><br />The 50/2.8 seems to use normal threaded filters (86mm?)<br /><br />Best Regards Patrik</p>