Apple upgrades and software options

<p>I am preparing to upgrade obsolete Mac computers working in photoshop CS5. I don't like the idea of having to subscribe to CC. Can anybody tell me if CS 5 will work in the latest Mac OS? <br />If not, does anybody have alternate photo editing software recommendations?</p>

<p>CS6, the last perpetual license certainly does. And I just had to go back to it for printing due to a bug in both Photoshop CC but Lightroom CC 2015. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>I am using CS6 on an older mac with the latest mac OS and it runs fine.<br>

I have a copy of CS5 on the same mac and when I just tried to open it I got a message to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime. I'll attach a screenshot of the notice. I am assuming that after install the legacy Java update you can use CS5 with El Capitan.</p><div>00e3hO-564424684.jpg.4191958716c4021813d61babad809663.jpg</div>

<p>I just installed Adobe CC Photography bundle with PS 2015.5 and LR plus a free automatic upgrade to Camera Raw CC. As the iMac was my sons from university he also had PS CS6 and CS3 and all the other Adobe Creative Suite. During the installation of CC a dialog box came up saying that one free automatic upgrade to PS6 was also done, but that there was no upgrade path from CS3. Its lists all the apps in a table and as it does the install/upgrade it tells you which its doing or won't do.<br>

I would guess that $9pm is not too expensive for most people and it ensures you are on the latest and greatest in three applications. I'm being cynical but I think there will come a time, maybe in 3 years and Adobe will only support CC.</p>