Can Mamiya RZ lenses be mounted on Fuji GX-680 and vise versa?

theodoros_d

<p>I recently re-shuttered a Fuji GX-680 80mm lens that had its shutter damaged, to do that, I used the shutter out of an 150mm Fuji gx-680 lens of which I happened to have two... so I sacrificed one of them as to use its shutter as to replace the one in the 80mm lens. <br>

<br />Fairly easy to do... One has only to unscrew the front and rear cell by turning them counter clock wise (don't be afraid to apply force, they are really tightly bolted on the shutter) and he is left with the central box that contains the shutter.... <br>

<br />Now, Mamiya RZ lenses also uses Seiko No 1 electronic shutter (just like the GX-680 lenses)... So... I guess that if one has one of each, he can then remove the lens front and rear cells from one and put them on the other and then the Mamiya lens will work on a Fuji GX-680 as a genuine lens and the Fuji GX-680 lens will do the same on Mamiya RZ...<br>

Anybody that have tried it? I don't have a Mamiya RZ lens as to try it myself.... </p>

<p> </p>

If ypu can you may not be able to focus at infinity. It is also important to get the cells at thecorrect distance from each

other. It hasbern a long time since I looked closely at the Fuji or Mamiya RZ lenses but something in theback of my mind

is telling me that the Fuji GX lenses are morelike view camera lenses in their construction while the RZ lenses have a

more integrated design.

<p>It might be the case with the Wide angle lenses only Ellis, although this may not be true either as the RZ lenses are strong retrofocus designs and have helical coil on them... But other than that, I only want to know if they work mechanically, as I 've converted a Sinar P2 monorail to have a Fuji GX-680 mount and bellows, use a Kapture group sliding back for rear frame and the electronics of the Fuji GX-680 lenses for exterior control of the shutter operation with multishot backs on the sliding frame... So I thought of trying some RZ lenses on the system as many of them are superb...<br>

<br />By the way, does anybody know if the Mamiya 7 lenses also use Seiko 1 shutter? </p>

<p>I was thinking.... Mamiya 7 lenses have up to 1/500 shutter speed, while all Seiko 1 lenses have up to 1/400... That should mean that Mamiya 7 lenses use "0" shutter? <br>

If that is the case, it may probably be a Seiko-0 shutter in them? <br>

But... Seiko 0 shutter IS compatible with Copal 0... no?</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Theodoros,</p>

<blockquote>

<p>But... Seiko 0 shutter IS compatible with Copal 0... no?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>It is....but the Mamiya 7 lenses actually use an even smaller size 00 electronic shutter.</p>

<p>If you are thinking of adapting Mamiya 7 lens cells onto a lensboard-type shutter, you wouldn't be the first to have that (clever!) idea. But I think it's really hard to find a suitable mechanical 00 shutter. When I looked into it, all but the most ancient were embedded in 1950s fixed-lens 35mm compacts like the Agfa Silette; the camera's internal mechanisms cocked and fired the shutter, and it couldn't be used in isolation like a normal Copal shutter.</p>