Classic Manual Camera Weekend, April 1

<p><strong>Rick Drawbridge</strong>, 'Exits' especially is brilliant. Ain't that Vitessa great? Even though mine was CLAed, I have a nagging fear that some day as I depress the plunger to wind on, there will be a small mechanical explosion resulting in a terminal mess of springs, sprockets, and shredded film upon removing the back. Unless/until that happens, they're great, if wacky, little machines.<br>

Sorry I had nothing to contribute for the weekend; I'm out and about with a new Minolta XE-7. Great camera, but if I posted pictures from that with its electronic shutter and auto mode, I would probably be defenestrated by the Manualness Police here.<br>

<em>--Dave</em></p>

<p><strong>Dave</strong>, in most respects the XE-7 is manual, and many a camera with an auto mode and electronic shutter has featured on this forum, myself being one of the guilty parties... Yes, my Vitessa needs a CLA, and every now and then it misses a beat and fails to wind on, creating double exposures, and I think about all those springs and things... Unique and beautiful little cameras, for all that.</p>