BEGINNER

<p>Hi Sasha, welcome to photo.net. Can you give us a bit more background? What do you want to shoot, where lies your interest? <br>

If you already know that you want to start seriously you can consider an entry level camera-kit from one of the main suppliers. In general you can't go wrong with one of these and you can expand your kit later.<br>

Think about the Canon EOS 1300D, EOS 750D or similar offerings from Pentax, Sony, Nikon and others. Or an all in one like the Canon Powershot SX-60 or similar. <br>

Start by reading some of the articles here on photo.net under the "Learning" tab.<br>

Success with your choice.</p>

Jos Van Eekelen,

Im really interested and like doing outdoors, family,

maternity etc. I'm very very new to all of this but it has

been my hobby for years and years. My goal and plan is

to start this summer and in a year or 2 open up a studio.

I

<p>Hello,<br>

Welcome aboard. It is a great time to be in photography- the quality of the gear is unbelievable, and prices are good. <br>

Most people decide to settle into a system using one manufacturer, at least for the camera body and lens mount. Lenses tend to hang around longer than camera bodies, so deciding what system/manufacturer saves you some money in the long term. ie once you have a few lenses it would take starting over if you went with a different lens mount.<br>

It is hard to go wrong with the bigger manufacturers. There are some other choices to make-DSLR, mirrorless come to mind.</p>

<p>That's arguably the most difficult question to answer. :-) We are spoilt for choice. My opinion: the Sony A7 series is probably what you would want. However, I really do like the Micro 4/3 system. So borrow as many cameras as you can from friends and try them all. You can also rent them for a good rate.</p>

• 2 weeks later...