Shutter / Mirror wont fire

connor_varney

<p>I recently purchased a ETRS "kit" from KEH and it all arrived nicely packed and fine. I have installed a new battery (the check light works fine), the prism is metering correctly, the lens looks great and the film back winds forward and stops on 1 when theres film in it. The problem comes when I try to take a picture, I have the darkslide removed and I've went the checklist in the manual 3 or 4 times, but when I advance everything the shutter button becomes easy to press but it just bottoms out and nothing happens, the shutter isn't firing, the mirror doesnt move, and the advance lever doesn't unlock. It also doesn't act any differently in multiple exposure mode. It winds to a stop and then won't fire. I don't know the system well enough to really troubleshoot what it could be, so I'm not sure if its an error on my part or if theres a problem with the body of the camera its self. </p>

<p>When I had the same camera, I used it with a speed winder, and initially encountered a similar issue. It turned out that there was an adjustment for the length of the pusher rod for the shutter release and just a small difference in length solved the problem. Have you tried a cable release on yours...perhaps it just needs a little "exercise".</p>

<p>The adjustment was actually on the winder (see photo), a small setscrew which adjusted the pusher rod (similar to the one on a cable release). You might see if, at the attachment point on your camera body), something is jammed up against the spot where the release would fit. If nothing, I've run out of ideas, other than calling KEH, who might be able to walk you thru some other test. Worst case scenario, return it for another...KEH is very good with returns.</p>

<p>So, I've been messing around with the body and I gently forced the mirror to fire by holding down the shutter button and pushing the pins around in the correct direction, I have managed to get the mirror and light tight frame (LTF) to fire correctly everytime I try to fire it. Unfortunately, either the mechanism is to weak or something is stuck because the ring stops right before the very end so that it doesnt fire the shutter on the lens. I have to push it ever so slightly forward to get it to fire the shutter. Any ideas?</p>

if its still returnable

try these below....

remove the prism?

doesnt work

remove the back

still doesnt work...

remove the lens...

still doesnt work....

the body is malfunctioning.

perhaps the foam seals are gummy n sticking to the mirror?

The more you say, the less people listen.