Updating existing photos

reillyphotography

I have the same problem. I have even tried to look at the photo from another computer, just to be sure that it is not a refreshing problem with the browser. I succesfully updated photos in the past, but at least since the beginning of this week it does not seem to work anymore.

" There is cached copy of the images on a higher-performance disk. If

you upload

a new image file, the cached copy is not updated, so the upload looks

like it had no effect.

This situation is temportary. "

This is the answer I got from Brian M. regarding this issue ....................... Kw

Temporary in which sense? It is a temporary bug, or it is temporary in the sense that the cashed copy is not replaced for a certain amount of time, and one has to wait for that time to expire? I'm asking because I did the replacement three or four days ago, and I'm still seeing the older version. Thanks.

If the chashing system works as I suppose, the timeout necessary for the photos to be refreshed is reset each time the photo is requested for view. This means that, since we are checking constantly our portfolio to see if the photo is updated and to look for comments, the photos will never be really replaced. If this is what happens, the solution would be to forcefully purge the chash for each photo which is updated.

For the moment I posted the updated version of my photo attached at a comment, which I will remove when/if the bug is corrected.

It also seems that each time one tries unsuccessfully to 'Edit Image Info' by uploading an 'enhanced' version ..... the existing image is degraded noticably ................ Perhaps Brian can find the time to let us know via this thread when we will be able to utilize this function again .