replacement for Manfrotto 3265

sheryl_bury_michals

<p>I've had my Manfrotto 3265 ballhead pistol grip for over 15 years, and while I love it to pieces, and it has served me well, I find that the grip is a bit loose - I know they don't make this model any more (I may try to see if Manfrotto can fix it), so I am looking for options in terms of a replacement and have the 3265 as a backup.<br>

Since I shoot rugby, I want something sturdy that I can maneuver and pivot when needed. I am getting a Manfrotto 695CX carbon fiber monopod if that helps. <br>

Thanks<br>

Sheryl</p>

<p>You may like the newer Manfrotto pistol grip. Since the grip is placed sideways it is more stable than the original one. You don't give specifics about the looseness, but if the 3265 is the same as the European model 222 there is a hex screw that you can adjust to set the grip on the ball.</p>

<p>Ok, I understand. When you google Manfrotto 3265 and choose pictures you can find an exploded view. Perhaps it's worth a try to repair it but I agree that it's time to look for a replacement. BTW, my 3265/222 sits on a monopod since quite some time, it's replaced by the newer version (and a few other heads).</p>