Bronica Bliss

User_502260

<p>This afternoon I decided to drop in on a local camera store. I looked at some 35mm stuff and then the owner brought out a Bronica. Which one? A pristine ETRS with a single latch 120 back w/darkslide, a Speed Grip, a 75/2.8 MC with a Hoya 58 UV filter and a working AE-II meter prism. For $150 it seemed too good to pass up. The only part I didn't already have is the AE-II. It's my first meter prism for the ETR series cameras. The camera has seen such little use that the rubber diamond pattern on the focusing ring is still sharp. After this coming weekend's expected snow I hope to test the new camera out. </p>

the etrs is a wonderful camera. put a fresh battery in since you have no idea when it was

changed last. that way it'll last you a few years of reliable service.

wow... great price!

hope you'll post some pix soon?

The more you say, the less people listen.

<p>I took a fresh battery out of another ETRS which I was testing with the Motor Winder-Ei. The AE-II finder works well. The new ETRS came without a crank but I have a few of those floating around. The ETR series cameras are awkward to use with a prism finder without the Speed Grip and equally awkward to use with a waist level finder with the Speed Grip. </p>

<p>The wind crank is probably missing because it had to be removed to use the speed grip. The ETRS was my go-to med-format & wedding camera for years. I still own three. IMO the speed grip is not optional but requires an eye-level prism (meter or not). I never liked the metered prism but that's just personal preference.<br>

Henry Posner<br /><strong>B&H Photo-Video</strong></p>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video

<p>Strikes me as a pretty good price Jeff! I love my ETRSi's, fantastic cameras and lenses. As mentioned above, hard to use with a prism and crank, or a waist lever and grip So I have one with an AE-III and speed grip, and another with a waist lever and crank. :) Love em both. I've been looking at expanding my lens selection. Perhaps its my imagination, but it seems Bronica stuff in general is climbing in price. Anyone else seeing the same, or is it just my poor memory?</p>

<p>Great score. However, someday you might want to consider upgrading to the AE 111 prism. Far superior to<br>

the older bronica prisms available for the etr series. No distortion, brighter, adjustable diopter etc. One of the<br>

most expensive pieces I ever bought for my ETRSi back in the 90s but it was worth every penny so consider an <br>

upgrade as they sure are cheap now!</p>