Ground Glass being blocked

kavin_k

<p>Hey <br>

ive noticed that on my Hasselblad 503cx when i mount my Hasselblad CF 250mm f5.6 Sonnar T* lens the top part my ground glass is blocked, ive only shot a one roll with my A16 back which is 6x45 so im not sure if it blocking the negative on the image with the full 6x6, other than that it focuses correctly and is sharp, just the blockage is annoying, not sure if there is something im doing wrong.</p>

<p>The mirror in the 503cx is the older non-gliding mirror. The path the light takes with a long lens such as the 250mm sonar is such that some of the light misses the mirror and is cut off in the viewfinder but not on the film plane. I am sure someone on the site can offer a full explanation of the physics. All I can tell you is that this is not something broken in your camera. The 503cw has the newer gliding mirror and does not cause vignetting. I believe you will also see vignetting if you use some of macro equipment with this camera. I am certain that there are a lot of posts on the medium format forum relating to this issue. Probably one of them has a full explanation of the phenomenon.</p>