Yashica T5/4 Problem

tanjyhhern5

<p>I've got the bug that's apparently been going around all the Yashica T5s by the looks of my Google searches, but no conclusive solution has been provided by anyone to date.<br>

A fellow photo.net member outlined the problem very nicely about 7 years ago: "whenever i press the shutter button, the lens extends to focus, i see and hear the shutter blades opening and closing quite fast, but the lens stays extended and doesn't return back to the original non-focused position.<br>

it just sticks there. when i press the shutter button again, it goes back into place.<br>

the flash doesn't fire, even on the forced flash mode.<br>

the problem (lens focus, shutter opens quickly, stays stuck until i press the button again) occurs on every mode (auto, no-flash, forced flash, infinity), on redeye mode, only the preflash goes off but the lens still stays stuck."<br>

After all these years, is there anyone who still has an answer?<br /><br /></p>

<p>I guess everybody always hopes for the "<strong>magic pill</strong>" for a cure. The hard truth is that it isn't "easy" or "cheap".<br /> These <strong>aging</strong> fully automated, amature, light duty cameras have many internal contacts and switching.<br /> Except for broken tiny gears, simply put, these cameras require a tear-down and among other things, <strong>every</strong> switch and contact to be cleaned...</p>